Tour of Douglas
Douglas, the capital and commercial centre of the Isle of Man, developed at a fast pace mainly due to its easier access to the sea and connections to Liverpool. Douglas attracted some colourful and influential characters. The electric bike tour takes you along the spectacular clifftop-hugging Marine Drive and back down into Douglas along the promenade and out to Groudle Glen before returning through Onchan Head into upper Douglas visiting the world famous TT Grandstand before returning to base along the Douglas Quayside.
£30.00 per person
- Distance Covered – 12 miles
- Time Allowed – 2½ hours
- Grade – Easy
- Group size – 4 people
Key to Map
- Bike Shed
- Marine Drive
- Villa Marina & Gaiety Theatre
- Manx Electric Railway
- St Peters Church
- Groudle Glen
- TT Grandstand
- Steam Railway
- Douglas Quay
Before Setting Off
- Bicycles are checked for your safety
- Each bicycle is set up for the individual cyclist
- Helmets, glasses, and hi-vis vests are provided
- Instructions are given on the operation of the electric bicycle
- You can test ride the bicycle in safety at the Sea Terminal before venturing out on to the road.
- Instructions are given by the guide on how the group will be lead.